Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shanks A Lot

Burholme Golf Center
401 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, Pa
215/742-2380

Because of the rain this past week I wasn't able to get to the driving range for a practice session leading up to my first round of the season on Sunday at Fox Hollow Golf Club in Quakertown. So last night, with a slight break in the weather, I went to Burholme Golf Center in hot a bucket of balls. After some stretching, I hit some soft sand wedges, then worked my way up through the even-numbered clubs in my bag -- PW, 8-iron, 6-iron and 4-iron -- before finishing off with my 4-wood and driver. In total, I hit about 65 balls and I didn't hit them very well. I would estimate that I shanked more than one-third of them. I don't know if it was my swing or the fact that I was slipping a bit on the wet mat, but it wasn't good. It didn't inspire a lot of confidence went compared to the way I hit the ball in my first range session of the year.


Because of the way I hit them last night, I will take a very conservative approach to the course tomorrow. I'm just looking to hit the ball well and post a halfway decent score for my first round. I'll then analyze what went right and what went wrong and tailor my practice plans from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I believe your web site could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues.

When I take a lkok at your site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in Internet Explorer, itt
has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you
a quick heads up! Apart from that, fantastic blog!

Have a look at my web site :: sbobet