Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Late Start

Well, here it is the end of the first week May and I have yet to get to the golf course, let alone the practice range. My season is off to the latest start in recent memory. My first scheduled is in two weeks, so it is time to start earnest preparations. It I can get to the practice range three times--twice to hit balls and once to chip and putt--and get in a practice round next weekend, I could have my game in enough shape to play the scheduled 18 holes with my foursome.

Today, I went through my golf bag, making sure my equipment is ready. I re-gripped an Adams Redline RPM 4-Wood, which is going back into my bag as the only fairway wood. In addition, I added a 20-degree hybrid and 59-degree Solus lob wedge. This means my bag will consist of a Drive, 4-Wood, hybrid, irons (4-GW), sand wedge, lob wedge and putter. I had a great deal of success with a similar set configuration in 2008. I also marked some new golf balls, put three new golf gloves in my bag and re-stocked by supply of energy bars.

The golf season is well under way, but for me it's just beginning. I have a bit of catching up to do, but hopefully it won't take too long before I'm in the swing for 2011.