Tuesday, May 26, 2015

There's a New Big Dog

Practice Range
Mad Golfer Golf Club
114 Street Road
Southampton, PA
215/357-1622

Following up on last Friday's opening round of the season, I decided it was time for a new Driver. My Wilson Staff Smooth Driver, which came out at the end of 2008, has served me well over the past four-and-a-half years. But it was time for an upgrade. So before I headed to the practice range this afternoon, I went shopping for a new Driver.

Practice Range at The Mad Golfer

I have narrowed my brand choices down to Callaway and TaylorMade, so I went to Golfsmith in Willow Grove, Pa., to see what they had. I found a TaylorMade Aero Burner Driver among the pre-owned clubs. It was in excellence condition and was priced over $100 less than they were selling for brand new. I made my purchase and headed to the practice range.

TaylorMade Aero Burner Driver

I chose the practice range at The Mad Golfer in Southampton, Pa., to work with my new Driver. The facility sits behind a Dairy Queen. It has an upper and lower level full of hitting bays, as well as a grass area and a practice bunker. The practice balls, which are Srixon, were in very good condition. It cost $9.90 for a large bucket which had approximately 70 balls. I picked a spot on the far right of the lower level.


After stretching and taking a few swings with my Orange Whip Swing Trainer, I warmed up by hitting 15 sand wedges. I then uncovered the new Aero Burner and proceeded to hit 25 drives. When I made solid contact, I was hitting far down the range, either straight or with a draw. Several times I hit the netting at the back of the range on a couple of bounces. I then hit 10 balls with a Callaway X-Hot N-14 Driver, but I wasn't getting the same distance as with the Aero Burner. I hit 10 more drives with the TaylorMade club, before finishing off my practice by hitting six balls with my Pitching Wedge. With the Aero Burner, I did hit a few low line drives or quick duck hooks, but I think it will upgrade my game off the tee.
Photos by The Muni Golfer

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, tiffany and co, nike outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, nike free

Unknown said...

bills jerseys
oakley sunglasses
jaguars jersey
tennessee titans jersey
michael kors outlet store
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
gucci bags
christian louboutin sale
chiefs jersey

chenmeinv0 said...

louis vuitton purses
mont blanc
true religion sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
adidas yeezy boost 350
michael kors outlet
toms shoes
coach outlet
ralph lauren uk
hzx20170121

Unknown said...

20170225 leilei3915
air max 90
tiffany outlet
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
coach handbags
tiffany and co
tory burch outlet online store
nike outlet store
lululemon outlet
michael kors outlet clearance

Unknown said...

longchamp uk
denver broncos jerseys
coach outlet online
beats by dre
louboutin
fred perry
michael kors outlet
nmd adidas
michael kors outlet
birkenstock sandals
20170310caiyan