Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Golf Season Officially Begins

Practice Range
Bensalem Township Country Club
200 Brown Ave.
Bensalem, Pa
215/639-5556

Finally. For the first time in 2015, I struck a golf ball with a golf club. My season has officially begun. It is a little later start than I would have liked, but tonight I had my first practice session of the year. I traveled over to the practice range at Bensalem Township Country Club to hit a small bucket of balls.



I used my Orange Whip tempo trainer to loosen up and stretch out; something I need to use more frequently at home between practice sessions and rounds. I then proceeded to hit 10 warm-up shots with my Sand Wedge,and as the shadows slowly crept across the range, I that up by followed by hitting 15 shots each with my 53-degree Gap Wedge, Pitching Wedge and 8-Iron. I finished off my practice by hitting my 6-Iron for the last nine balls.

The First Bucket of Balls This Season

I used my align sticks to help with positioning, but I mostly concentrated on making a nice swing and solid contact. I took my time between shots and although I wasn't focusing on results, I was pleased overall with how well I hit my shots the first time out.


Using alignment sticks during practice

I hope to have at least another practice session or two at the range, followed by a practice round on a course, before hitting the links the for real.



No comments: