Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Only Golf This Weekend Was On TV

Because I needed to get some things done around the house and to give my elbow--which has been sore most of the season--a little rest, I took the weekend off from the links. I did, however, watch the second, third and final rounds of The Open Championship; both online and on TV. I love to watch links-style golf and I was rooting hard for 59-year-old Tom Watson to win his sixth Claret Jug. This would have been one of the all-time greatest stories in the history of sports. But unfortunately, Watson bogeyed the 72nd hole at Turnberry, then lost in a four-hole playoff to Stewart Cink. What made it even cooler was on that Saturday, I had read some of Cink's "Tweets" on his Twitter page about preparing for The Open in Ireland last week. This week, I hope to go back to the practice green and work a bit more on putting as I prepare to return to the golf course next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed when Watson lost. I didn't see the playoff due to the fact that I got the chance to hit Pennsauken finally. Ice the elbow and rest. Hope it feels better.
Fred from Philly

The Muni Golfer said...

I've always wanted to play Pennsauken. It was disappointing, especially when Watson whiffed the putt to win so badly.

Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
ray ban sunglasses wholesale
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
mulberry bags
air max 90
rolex watches
michael kors outlet clearance
true religion outlet
20170619lck