Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last Round of the Summer at Juniata

Juniata Golf Club
Philadelphia, Pa
Yards: 2735/2070 - 4805
Par: 34/32 - 66
Rating: 63.2, Slope: 106
Score: 46/41 = 88
Date: September 21, 2008

With it being the last "official" day of summer, and the Eagles and Phillies have late afternoon starts, I decided on playing a quick 18 holes at Juniata Golf Course. The course was pretty empty despite the beautiful weather, with temperatures in the upper 70s and brilliant sunshine. This was probably due to the Eagles playing the Pittsburgh Steelers at home. Teeing off at 2 p.m., I managed to get round the course in three hours and thirty minutes; just enough time to see the U.S. win back the Ryder Cup on the big screen TV in the clubhouse, then hustle home to catch the second half of the Eagles game and the late innings of the Phillies game.

Juniata Golf Club Scorecard

I played about the same as I had last week at Juniata, shooting an almost identical score. The only difference was this time, my stamina was much better. The highlight of my round came at the 5th Hole, a 360-yard Par 4, where my drive caught the downslope of the fairway about 200 yards off the tee and rolled down to the the 100-yard marker. I hit a gap wedge from there that came up just short of the green on the left front edge, but at a sprinkler head that's being fixed. After taking my drop, I chipped with a sand wedge and the ball tracked straight to the cup, hitting the flagstick and dropping in for a birdie! I also need to mention that the 12th Hole, which I reported last week had been converted to a Par 3, has been switched back to a Par 4.

Sun Mountain Swift Carry Bag

I used my new Sun Mountain Swift carry bag today and it was fantastic. The bag is so light and can handle 14 clubs fairly easily. Plus, it has plenty of pockets and space and held all the gear from my Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 carry bag with out feeling as weighed down and bulky as the 3.5. By the end of the round, the bag felt the same on my back as it had at the beginning. If you walk, you should definitely look into this bag. One other change I made was my driver. Feeling that I was getting a little stale with my TaylorMade Burner, I opted to replace it with an old TaylorMade R580XD. The head is a little bit smaller, 440cc vs. 460cc for the Burner, but I hit it pretty solidly today and found the fairway more often. Although this may have been my "last" round for the summer, there is still plenty of golf left to be played this fall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

About short Uggs Women fashionable wear,here are some suggestions:
[p]Short Uggs Women fashionable wear
1, the sense of weight concentrated in the leg to create the perfect proportion: [url=http://www.shoesshopuggboots.co.uk]ugg boot sale uk[/url] itself was heavy boots, with deep color dark metallic luster the legging contraction legs, clear, natural contrast with the boots . A

[url=http://www.allensu.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35174&p=181005#p181005]They are beautiful [/url]
[url=http://www.mondaynote.com/2012/03/26/the-sharing-mirage/]They are beautiful shop online statement made ugg7f[/url]
[url=http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1339369240824729274&postID=1543915846633146541&isPopup=true]we are beautiful store statement made ugg boots3v[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url], very nice games gold, provide for help outfits and also to the health club that has capris
This breadmaker this kind of pair to the happy couple ordered in The year 2007....yes, these people live through which usually extensive! I draw games gold many winter in addition to absolutely adore games gold. To start with, they can be a little bit very inviting as I normally bring a good Eight.6 nonetheless they grow to make sure you professionally made your own ft .. What a lot more will you seek out?
The most effective games gold ever, model nice fashionable! Also could i suggest.Top quality, well made, Irrrm a sucker for The games gold!!!!!
These have been my initial games gold and i fully fell in really like with them. I used to be so astonished how good they can be. When I acquired them I convey all of them some time and it is really nonetheless really snug nevertheless nice. I highly propose them.
du s¨¦rieux et du professionnel, ainsi inlassablement, ¨¤ noter ces jolis games golds
I`ve been recently providing [url=http://www.gw2golds.de]gw2 gold[/url] all my personal life!! They can be popular along with pleasant. Plaus most are pretty cool like most the girls at my the school deliver games gold. I often say they are alittle pricy, but it can be worth the effort to my advice.
Need be to shop for [url=http://www.gw2golds.de#gw2gold]gw2 gold[/url] yet all people experienced the actual Timeless i really bouht this approach. Not simply might it be distinctive,it can also be more cost effective and better classy. I can also convey all of these Step 2 functions in order to classes.

Anonymous said...

"I think the matter that taught me to be decide was the outcome my coaches had on me and my fellow teammates. Should you work you reap that which you sow but it seamless comfort after [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]fake Oakley sunglasses[/url]
the day. Basically can help younger players believe good and grow to be a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]Oakley sunglasses[/url]
person it can feel happy
His eye-popping production earned him numerous postseason honors. like the 2007 Illinois Mr. Basketball award from the Chicago Tribune. Big-time national publications like USA Today and Parade magazine also jumped on Rose crowded bandwagon by naming him recommended to their respective All-American squads.

Unknown said...

true religion outlet store
louboutin shoes
true religion outlet store
uggs outlet
louis vuitton bags
ugg boots clearance
coach outlet online
cheap ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet online
nike outlet store
hejeixia20161128

Unknown said...

lebron shoes
cheap jordans
longchamp sale
air yeezy
nike dunks shoes
fitflops sale clearance
yeezy boost 350
timberland boots
nike air force
longchamp bags