Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bridgestone's New e6+ Rates an A+

I have just completed my testing and survey of Bridgetsone's new e6+ golf ball for the PGA Tour Partners Club. Named to Golf Digest's 2008 Hot List, the e6+ has a suggested MSRP of $38 and retails on The Golf Warehouse, Golf Galaxy and Dick's Sporting Goods for about $24.99 a dozen.

According to Bridgestone, the ball's features include:
  • A multi-layer design with innovative anti-spin/extra velocity inner cover
  • Is engineered for players seeking a straighter ball flight with longer carry distance and roll
  • Has an enhanced low compression design
  • Provides an extra soft feel on all shots and a smooth roll off the putter
  • 330 Seamless dimple design
Although I normally play a Maxfli golf ball -- either the Fire, Black Max or Noodle, I played my first two rounds this season with the e6+. While it was comparable to current golf ball, I found that it lived up to its billing by providing exceptional distance and a nice soft feel around the greens and off the putter. It definitely felt like I was playing with a higher-priced, premium golf ball. I think both low- and high-handicappers would benefit from using this golf ball. The only negative thing I can say is that I noticed it seemed to scuff just a bit when I hit it off my sand or lob wedge. But overall, I give the Bridgestone e6+ a good rating. The e6+ is an A+.