Wednesday, June 6, 2007

9 Holes of Practice

Juniata Golf Club
Philadelphia, Pa.
Yards: 4805, Par: 66
Score: Practice Round
Date: June 5, 2007

I got to play nine holes of a practice round last night. It only took me one hour and thirty minutes to get around the front nine. Parred the two Par 3s; Holes #1 and #8. Missed a short par putt at #9. The holes where I struggled the most were the ones where I didn't get off the tee very well. I continue to experiment with my new Alpha Golf hybrids and so so far, I'm quite pleased. An example would be #5, where I had about 140 yards out of the rough to the green into a strong, gust wind. Under normal conditions, I would hit a 7 iron, but knew I couldn't get it there with the wind. I took my 6-hybrid, choked down slightly and hit a three-quarters shot that landed 10 yards right of the green almost pin high. I look forward to getting the chance to use these clubs from the fairway and off the tee on longer Par 3s. Putting and chipping wasn't too bad last night, but the greens at Juniata continue to run very slow.