Thursday, May 31, 2012

Range of Confusion

Driving Range
Bensalem Township Country Club
200 Brown Ave.
Bensalem, Pa
215/639-5556

After my mediocre first round to start the season, I headed back to the practice range at Bensalem Country Club late yesterday afternoon. I ordered a large bucket of balls and set about working on the one part of my game that gave me the most trouble during the opening round--driving off the tee on Par 4s.

After some stretching and swinging my Sklz Gold Flex swinger trainer, I warmed up by hitting 10 sand wedges. After another 10 swings with the Gold Flex, I hit 10 4-hybrids off the tee. These shots were slight draws with decent yardage. After a few more swings with the GF, I hit 10 5-woods off the tee. These were some of the worst shots I've hit this year--low slices. They were so bad, I didn't even try to hit my 3-wood, but moved instead to the driver, another club that gave me problems in my opening round. Yesterday was no better. I hit some duck hooks, but mostly fades to the right. It got so bad that I began trying to hit a fade off the tee instead of my normal draw. No matter what I tried--changing my stance, grip, etc.--I couldn't hit the ball right-to-left. After hitting confusing and frustrating shots with my driver, I put it back in the bag.

I finished up by hitting 10 chips and pitches with my pitching and gap wedges, followed by six 7-irons to finish off a very disappointing practice session. Because of the time, I skipped going to the putting green. I may go back to a shorter TaylorMade Burner instead of my Wilson Staff Smooth Driver for my next round this weekend in the hopes that it will get my swing back on track. I think that playing on a course, no matter how bad I play, may be the only thing that will get me back into the groove I had through most of last season.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[p]But if you are a buyer who doesn隆炉t have sufficient encounter, how to know it is genuine? There are some suggestion for you . These boots are available in two colours; sand and [url=http://www.kiduggboot.co.uk]kids ugg boots[/url] chestnut . UGG boots uk color in addition to the traditional black and brown gray, but also increased the red, indigo, leopard, amaranthine wait for bright-coloured bright color fastens, design is to a great renovation, in addition to the traditional canister boots, add the boat shoes, boots, mosaics [url=http://www.uggssbootscanada.info]ugg boots canada[/url] bind belt shoes, boots and so on style, both super is exquisite . The final stage is where you will need to bring the napugg boots australia [url=http://www.cheapuggbootukonline.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] back up on your ugg boots after they have dried . It allows people [url=http://www.uggsaleukoutlet.co.uk]ugg sale outlet[/url] to set at the comfort of their home shop . This is different from Nike which emphasis on sponsoring individual athletes, the latter greater hopes on the success of athletes and role models both inside and outside the performance arena . Costly is not an issue in [url=http://www.uggsaleukoutlet.co.uk]ugg sale uk outlet[/url] any respect . This exquisite style with wooden carved wooden buckle, classic lacking in penetration reveal fashionable . UGG Boots 5819 Classic Cardy use soft materials for calves and leave some space [url=http://www.uggssbootscanada.com]ugg canada[/url] there so that people feel more comfortable.[/p]

Unknown said...

michael kors handbags sale
toms shoes
bears jerseys
redskins jerseys
ugg outlet
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet online
ed hardy outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses

Unknown said...

rolex replica
james shoes
borse gucci
red bottoms
longchamp uk
cheap jordan shoes
adidas yeezy
longchamp outlet
versace shoes
mulberry bags
20170310caiyan