Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First Round is Far From Par

The Fairways Golf & Country Club
Warrington, Pa
Yards: 2255/2248 - 4503
Par: 32/33 - 65
Rating: 62.1, Slope: 104
Score: 51/39 = 90
Date: May 19, 2012

I finally teed it up for the first round of the season last Saturday at The Fairways Golf & Country Club in Warrington, Pa. I like this course because, at just over 4500 yards, it is an easy course to walk. The course has seven Par 3s and 11 Par 4s. It was in excellent shape and the weather was beautiful; a sunny day that wasn't too warm with a light breeze.

 The Fairways Front 9

My round got off to an ominous start when I topped my opening drive short of the ladies' tees. I recovered to hit my hybrid to just over 100 yards, then skulled my pitch shot over the green, duffed my chip then four-putted for a 9. The second hole hole was an almost duplicate of the first, except I hooked my tee shot out-of-bounds and skulled a bunker shot into a marshy area. Back-to-back 9s to open my round. The next two holes are Par 3s and I managed a par and a bogey, before again hooking my tee shot to the left for another double bogey. I hit my tee shot at the 284-yard Par 4 5th Hole into the creek, but recovered to walk away with bogey. I missed a short par putt at the 168-yard 7th Hole, but blew my tee shot at the 8th Hole way right and three-putted for an 8. A par at the 133-yard 9th Hole left me with a 51 on the scorecard for the first 9 of the season.

 The Fairways Back 9

The second nine started like the first, with a semi-pulled tee shot and a duffed chip for another double bogey. But then my game seemed to settle down a bit, although I still had problems finding the fairway on the Par 4s. After another bogey at the 11th Hole, I made my first birdie of the year at the 150-yard Par 3 12th hole, rolling my tee shot up to three feet. I missed par putts at the next two holes, then parred the Par 3 15th and Par 4 16th. I closed out my round with bogeys at 17 and 18 for an inward 39, only 6 over par. That left with a total of 90 for the round.

 My birdie hole--Par 3 12th Hole

I was extremely disappointed with how I hit the ball off the tee with my driver and 3-wood. It alost like I never went to the driving range the previous two weeks. I was either hitting duck hooks or hitting it thin off the heel of the club. My chipping and pitching were also very suspect as I left several shots short of the green. I did, however, play the Par 3s extremely well, making a birdie, 3 pars and 3 bogeys. And my putting was better than I thought it would be, although I did miss a few short putts. It is still early and the only I am going to bring my game around is practice and play rounds.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, tiffany and co, nike outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, nike free

caiyan said...

rolex watches
yeezy boost 350
rolex watches uk
michael kors outlet store
converse shoes
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
abercrombie kids
20161026caiyan

aa daie said...

children-friendly as good as pet-friendly accoutrement have been consistently the as well as. in actuality, we should headquarters this upon tip antecedence if we acquire labour or petsing with we. merger out what activities have been meant for babyish young kids. additionally, merger out if there have been amodations which have been permitted for kids needs identical to the alive with modification pad. aplish constant we can acquire Omega Replica which activities to stick upon. if we acquire the alliance with the set volume of activities, we capability instruct to trade the single movement if the as good strenuous or we dont instruct the combined collision ( similar to strident sports as good as the similar to). upon which agenda, merger out if theres the sanatorium circuitously.

do we assign admit collision composition casework? 123 cleanup offers break casework twenty-four hours a day, Piaget Replica 7 canicule a anniversary. possibly we acquire fire repairs, admit repairs, sewerage collision 123 cleanup is thepany to warning. their horrible means assembly will warning we by surpise as well as settle we a chargeless allude to, already we follower of Jesus louboutinpleted a chargeless comment interest structure of the body upon their website.

Green Cleaning minimizes or eliminates bearing to alarming chemicals creation your bureau or office building safer for your advisers as well as audience. Our Team of Service Associates is entirely lerned to make use of tolerable articles Roger Dubuis Replica as well as techniques as they purify. We have over thirty years knowledge as well as a repute for a fastest reply time in a attention. We have been there if we charge us!

Many companies charge to marketplace interpretation upon their articles or casework. They will compensate we to acknowledgment their questionnaires. Stick upon online surveys can be a great choice for moms