Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reaching a Peak in the Valley

Neshaminy Valley Golf Club
Jamison, Pa.
Yards: 3338/2676 - 6014
Par: 36/34 - 70
Rating: 68.7, Slope: 118
Score: 43/44 = 87
Date: August 13, 2011

Saturday I returned to Neshaminy Valley Golf Club for late afternoon round of golf. I had originally hoped to play Bensalem Township Country Club, but an outing forced me to change my plans and head north to Neshaminy. I had played this course earlier this summer with my cousin and had shot a respectable 94. I was hoping to match that success when I teed off around 4 p.m. under very cloudy skies. Little did I know when I striped a driver down the middle of the fairway on the First Hole that I would not only duplicate my earlier success, I would exceed it by breaking 90 on a Par 70 or better golf course for the first time ever!

 Neshaminy Valley Scorecard

The front nine was all 3s, 4s and 5s on the scorecard, except for the 529-yard Par 5 Second Hole, where I chunked my lay-up second shot into a ditch and made a 7. I made pars at the Third and Fifth Holes, and capped off the front nine with a birdie at the 537-yard Par 5 Ninth Hole. I hit driver down the right side of the fairway, a 5-wood just left of the green, but hole high. I chipped over a bunker to three feet and made the putt for my fifth birdie of the year. I shot 43 for the first nine and was eager to play the second nine. I was crushing my Wilson Staff Smooth Driver off the tee, hitting farther and straighter than any driver I have ever played. It was the best driving round I could ever remember.


The Sixth Hole, a 219-yard Par 3

The weather was making things tricky as dark skies where visible in the distance along the sporadic flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder, but all we endured was few sprinkles. The back nine started off with a bogey, double bogey, triple bogey and double bogey at holes Ten through Thirteen, but I made a par at the 473-yard Par 5 Fourteenth, followed by four consecutive fours, including pars at the Sixteenth and Eighteenth. I was still hitting the driver long on the Par 4s and 5s and it was setting me up for short irons into the greens. My putting was also very consistent for one of the few times this year. My back nine 44 left me with an 87 for the round and my first time breaking 90 on a Par 70 or better golf course. I had one birdie and five pars during my round. I played Neshaminy Valley's three Par 5s in one over par.

 The Thirteenth Green

When the round ended in the fading light of evening, I celebrated my historic round with a cheeseburger and french fries from Five Guys, which I washed down with some Turkey Hill Lemonade Tea, otherwise known as an Arnold Palmer.

 The Par 3 Seventeenth Hole

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I am testing a couple of prototype golf balls from a major equipment manufacturer. I have now played three rounds with one of the prototypes and the only thing I can say is it is long. I have hit some of my longest shots with this ball. If this is any indication of how the other ball plays, I am really looking forward to putting it in play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[p]This is how all of the insurers which are dedicated to sacrificed billfold offerings [url=http://www.ralphlaurenoutletonlinee.co.uk]polo ralph lauren outlet[/url] have for you the performance you'll want to padlock your personal financial records affordable supply which secure feeling that you're not necessarily exposed to personal identity thieves . The internet has made people very lazy and no one wants to use the conventional [url=http://www.ppoloralphlauren.co.uk]ralph lauren polo shirts[/url] methods of shopping any more . Since Ralph Lauren's first brand, Polo, was launched in 1967, the company has expanded to include [url=http://www.ralphlaurenoutletonlinee.co.uk]ralph lauren outlet[/url] a variety of luxury brands . These shirts are extremely friendly when it comes to sports activities as the material they are made from is knit that gives you a [url=http://www.ppoloralphlauren.co.uk]cheap ralph lauren polo[/url] relieving feel . The Hoodie Ralph Lauren is an actual [url=http://www.ppoloralphlauren.co.uk]discount ralph lauren polo shirts[/url] advantageous account of clothing and it is hopefully afraid off its bad boy reputation . The Ralph Lauren design team takes pride in [url=http://www.ralphlaurenoutletonlinee.co.uk]ralph lauren outlet uk[/url] in their outfits . They are welcomed [url=http://www.ralphlaurenoutletonlinee.co.uk]cheap ralph lauren polo shirts
[/url] for golf or just dressing up for a party . Due to the fashionable characteristic of the polo shirt, with many big brand companies renowned for their production of Polo Shirts such as Ralph Lauren and Lacoste, people will not be scared to wear their polo shirts in public, even if it has company advertising on it, which is always a bonus for the company as mentioned [url=http://www.ppoloralphlauren.co.uk]polo ralph lauren outlet online
[/url] previously that being able to get the company's name out is vital to a Company's expansion.[/p]

Anonymous said...

[p]What to Wear With Ugg Boots ?

The question of what to wear with ugg boots is a simple one to answer . There are various kinds of detachable shoeboxes, which can all be used [url=http://tiffanycharms.webstarts.com]tiffany sale[/url] easily . don隆炉t think twice, this is a good Nike Shox [url=http://tiffanycharms.webstarts.com]cheap tiffany charms[/url] shoes that you should consider . [url=http://tiffanycharms.webstarts.com]tiffany charms sale[/url] classiccardyuggs . All boots within our own traditional Bailey choice have a gentle ugg highkoo foam insole protected with genuine sheepskin and use a molded EVA gentle and versatile outsole generated for exceptional comfort with each and every and every step . t's getting colder and colder now . Ugg Boots are just not made in China, so don't be fooled.[/p]

xumeiqing said...

151202meiqing
michael kors
ugg slippers
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
cheap toms shoes
mulberry handbags
ugg boots clearance
gucci handbags
air jordan retro
michael kors bag
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
oakley sunglasses
swarovski jewelry
air max 90
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
north face uk
ugg boots
toms outlet
retro jordans
jordans
oakley sunglasses wholesale
michael kors uk
oakley sunglasses
hollister kids
michael kors handbags
canada goose outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
michaek kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
ugg boots
nike air max
abercrombie and fitch
ray-ban sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
fitflops sale clearance
burberry outlet
michael kors outlet online

Unknown said...

hugo boss outlet
replica rolex
ralph lauren pas cher
dallas cowboys jersey
christian louboutin
michael kors handbags cheap
new balance shoes
miami dolphins jerseys
michael kors handbags
cheap jordan shoes