Sunday, August 9, 2009

Showing Some Game at Bensalem

Bensalem Township Country Club
Bensalem, Pa
Yards: 2759/3049 - 5808
Par: 35/35 - 70
Rating: 68.1, Slope: 121
Score: 45/47 = 92
Date: August 8, 2009

Saturday I ventured just over the city line to test my game at Bensalem Township Country Club, a municipal course in Bensalem, Bucks County. Although play can often be notoriously slow, the conditions of the course are pretty good for a municipal-owned course, and Saturday was no exception. An outing was finishing the front nine when I arrived, but the starter, who paired me up with a twosome (Tim and Billie) and another single (John), sent us off at Hole 7 to begin our round. Play moved along, with the only delays being our own, through wayward shots. Our round lasted around five hours, which seems to be the norm at Bensalem. But it is a good layout and a good test of golf.

Bensalem Country Club Scorecard

As for my round, I had put two new clubs in the bag. I swapped out my Nickent 3DX DC Utility 2-Hybrid for the same model in a 1-Hybrid, as well as my Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood 3-Hybrid for a 3DX DC Utility 3-Hybrid. I used the 1- and 3-Hybrid several time off the tee, as well as the fairway with very good results. I also went back to my Odyssey White Hot Rossie putter. Even though I hadn't played or practiced much lately, I hit the ball solidly and generally kept the ball in play. My short game was good enough to keep me in most holes and my putting was as good as it has been in the past two months.

The green at the Par 3 Sixth Hole

I made four pars during my round; three on the front and one on the back. I started with a par at the 7th, a 317-yard par 4 that features a 90-degree leg-dogleg and a downhill approach, and ended with a par at the 6th, a 183-yard par 3. Although I did have five 6s on my card, I managed to stay away from shotting a big number on any hole except the 18th, which always gives me trouble. The 18th Hole is 379-yard Par 4 that features a generous fairway that doglegs right and begins to slope down to the creek. Approach shots must clear the creek to a green that slopes from back-to-front and is guarded by bunkers on the left and right. I drove my tee shot through the fairway and had to chip out of trees. My third shot was pushed right of the green and short. I pitched on to the back of the green and faced a long downhill putt. My mind and eyes saw the putt differently, and this confusion led to a three-putt and a 7.

A large bunker protects the Par 3 Eleventh Green

I'm hoping that Saturday's showing is evidence that my game is starting to show some consistency, especially with my annual golf trip to the Delaware shore only three weeks away. I'll keep working on my game so that it hopefully peaks during this golfing getaway.
Photos by The Muni Golfer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[p]That is why it is among the [url=http://www.authenticuggaustraliaboots.co.uk]ugg australia boots sale[/url] most desired and admired footwear among every age bracket . Keep in mind that funds [url=http://www.uggsaleukoutlet.co.uk]ugg on sale[/url] in hand is attractive for obvious factors to both equally functions, commonly in the form of a low cost towards the purchaser . However, in spite of this, some females [url=http://www.cheapuggbootukonline.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] still get overwhelmed while facing the large range of dazzling options . What are exceeded if this amazing improvement and UGG for layout and [url=http://www.uggsoldescanada.com]ugg soldes[/url] relaxed and supply usefulness for people's proper to due Aussie! UGGs On Sale stylish than other shoes . Nike Shox R4 Women shoes have designed [url=http://www.uggssbottespascher.info]ugg pas cher femme[/url] the most innovative and best type of footwear . Even though Bailey Option UGG Boots certainly are a new style this kind of fall from UGG Quarterly report, there are already signs which they could become one of the most popular boots inside the women's UGG Classics assortment . Even fashion conscious individuals are going that additional [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsukonline.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] mile to get a pair of the Ugg bailey button boots . Christian Louboutin shoes trademark [url=http://www.cheapuggsbootsukonline.co.uk]ugg boots uk[/url] glossy red soles give an instant stamp of fashion excellence.[/p]

Unknown said...

pandora outlet
eagles jerseys
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet
ed hardy clothing
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
michael kors
tiffany outlet