Saturday, June 22, 2024

The Sweet 16th

Through mid-June, I have played five of my seven rounds this season at the Fairways Golf Club in Warrington, PA.

My scores over those five rounds at Fairways have ranged from an 82 to 96, and nothing highlights this difference in these scores more than the 16th Hole, a 323-yard Par 4. I have played the hole either very well or very bad!

The 16th Hole at Fairways Golf Club

Over five rounds, I have not made a single par on the hole, yet I aggregate score is even par. That's because I have made an eagle, 2 birdies, a bogey and a triple bogey in my five attempts playing the 16th!

Here's how I've fared on the 16th so far:

  • May 11: bogey 5
  • May 17: birdie 3
  • May 24: eagle 2 (my 4th eagle all-time)
  • June 2: birdie 3
  • June 9: triple-bogey 7

Obviously, the highlight of that list is the eagle on May 24th, when I holed my second shot from the fairway, which was 82 yards.

Added all up, it leaves me at even par through five rounds. And hopefully, the 16th continues to be good to me in future rounds this year.

No comments: