Monday, August 24, 2015

And the Streak Goes On...

The Fairways Golf Club
Warrington, Pa.
Yards: 2255/2248 - 4503
Par: 32/33 - 65
Rating: 62.1, Slope: 104
Score: 43/38 = 81
Date: August 23, 2015

Taking last weekend off after two consecutive rounds in the 80s the previous two weeks, I was anxious to see if I could keep the momentum going on Sunday. Playing my third consecutive round at The Fairways Golf Club, I teed off at 1 p.m.; teamed by the starter with a retired couple, John and Rosemary.

The Fairways Scorecard

After splitting the fairway with my opening drive, I hit a fat 7-iron that came up just short of the pond fronting the first green. I pitched over the pond into the right rough and chipped on, then made my putt for a 5. I had parred the First Hole the previous two rounds, but I was happy with the bogey as I headed to the Second Hole. After pulling my tee shot left behind a tree, I shanked a chip across the fairway, then ditched my next shot into the bunker which led to a 7. I was not hitting my irons particularly well, but I was putting well and managing to get the ball into the hole without too much damage. I made par 4s at the short Sixth Hole and the difficult Eighth, and a it was only a four-putt at the Ninth Hole that prevented me from shooting lower than a 43. Not as good as the 40 I posted the previous round, but a good score for the way I was hitting my irons. I could feel my game improving and my confidence building.

A par at the Sixth Hole got my round started

I opened the back nine by hitting my Wilson Staff Fybrid RS straight down the middle and had just a short sand wedge into the green. I two-putted for my third par of the day. At the Eleventh Hole, I again found the middle of the dogleg right and then hit an 8-iron to right side of green, where I sank the downhill putt for birdie! An 8-iron at the Twelfth Hole found the left bunker, but I blasted out to a foot for a tap-in par. I pulled my 4-wood left off the Thirteenth tee and then came up woefully short with my 53-degree wedge. I chipped on and two-putted for a bogey. Another 8-iron off the tee at the Par 3 Fourteenth found the left rough, but I chipped on a two-putted for another bogey. Through five holes on teh back nine, I was a mere one over par. At the Par 3 Fifteenth, I again found the green, and my 15-foot birdie putt just lipped out. My only real hiccup on the back came at the 323-yard Sixteenth Hole, where I pushed my tee shot right and out-of-bounds. My second tee shot found the left side of the fairway, but I went long to the back of the green with my gap wedge and three-putted for a triple-bogey 7. That put me at 4-over through seven holes. I hit a long drive at the Seventeenth, and my approach from the right side of the fairway found the rough left of the green. I chipped on and made my seventh par of the round. I again pulled my drive left at the home hole, then found the right bunker with my 7-iron approach. I blasted out and two-putted to finish the closing nine with a 5-over-par 38 and a total of 81 for the round.

A bad tee shot at the 16th led to a triple-bogey

The back nine was some of the best golf I had played this year, and had it not been for the errant tee shot at the Sixteenth and the four-putt at the Ninth, I believe I might have shot in the 70s. I am feeling very confident with my game right now. The move back to the Wilson Staff clubs has really given me a significant boost. While I did hit my irons somewhat poorly to start the round, my iron game got better and better as the round progressed. I look forward to continuing this streak of good golf as the summer starts to fade and the fall slowly inches forward.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2015-10-6 xiaozhengm
ugg boots on sale
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
Kobe Basketball Shoes For Sale
michael kors bags
louis vuitton handbags
Abercrombie and Fitch Striped Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Authentic Montblanc Pens Sale Online
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
Air Jordan 6 Cigar
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
Coach Outlet Store Online Official Website
michael kors outlet
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
michael kors handbags
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
Air Jordan 3 "Infrared 23"
louis vuitton outlet stores
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
fitflops
coach outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
jordans for sale
ugg boots sale
Michael Kors Outlet Official Website
coach factory outlet
ugg sale
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
ugg boots outlet
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, tiffany and co, nike outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, nike free