Monday, July 13, 2015

The Grind

The Fairways Golf Club
Warrington, Pa.
Yards: 2255/2248 - 4503
Par: 32/33 - 65
Rating: 62.1, Slope: 104
Score: 51/53 = 104
Date: July 11, 2015

Just when I think my game reached rock bottom last week at John F. Byrne Golf Club, I played an even worse one at The Fairways Golf Club on Saturday. I was hoping that returning to The Fairways, I course that I know so well, would give my game a boost and help to instill me with some confidence. It did, perhaps, just the opposite.

The Fairways Scorecard

It started on the first tee, where my driver struck the turf well behind the teed golf ball, and I managed to hit it about 125 yards. Hitting the turf well behind the ball, or "fat", was to become a recurring theme of the round. I had to lay up short of the pond that fronts the first green, only to dunk my third shot into the water--a quadruple bogey. Triple bogeys at the Third and Fourth holes. A double bogey at the Fifth after hitting my tee shot out-of-bounds. A double bogey at the Seventh was followed by another quadruple bogey at the Eighth after I putted my fifth shot off the front of the green. Somehow, miraculously, I managed to par the 133-yard Ninth Hole. An gut-wrenching slog to a 51 on the Front Nine.

The Seventeenth Hole, which I parred

I took renewed hope to the Tenth Hole after the par at the Ninth, but any hope for a back nine comeback was dashed with a 9, followed by an 8 and the Eleventh Hole. Somehow, someway, I continued to grind it out on the course, actually making five 4s on the last seven holes, including three pars and two bogeys. These were offset by another quadruple bogey at the Par 3 Fourteenth and a another 9 at the closing Eighteenth. It was the second round in a row at The Fairways that I shot 53 on the back nine.

The TaylorMade Aero Burner remains in the bag...for now

The main thing I need to do is keep grinding away on the course and the practice range, trying to find my game, somewhere, somehow. It might get worse before it gets better, but that's what I have to do. I am also contemplating--no, change that to making an overhaul of my golfing arsenal. All that will remain from the current setup is my TaylorMade Aero Burner Driver, Solus wedges and Odyssey XG 9 putter. I will update you on the changes--and the new bag setup--later this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2015-10-6 xiaozhengm
ugg boots on sale
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
Kobe Basketball Shoes For Sale
michael kors bags
louis vuitton handbags
Abercrombie and Fitch Striped Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Authentic Montblanc Pens Sale Online
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
Air Jordan 6 Cigar
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
Coach Outlet Store Online Official Website
michael kors outlet
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
michael kors handbags
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
Air Jordan 3 "Infrared 23"
louis vuitton outlet stores
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
fitflops
coach outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
jordans for sale
ugg boots sale
Michael Kors Outlet Official Website
coach factory outlet
ugg sale
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
ugg boots outlet
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, tiffany and co, nike outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, nike free

Unknown said...

cleveland browns jerseys
gucci outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
uggs outlet
supra shoes sale
pandora charms sale clearance
nike free
canada goose outlet
michael kors handbags
cheap michael kors handbags

Unknown said...

texans jerseys
coach factory outlet online
michael kors outlet canada
birkin handbags
marc jacobs outlet
coach factory outlet online
pandora jewelry
nike blazer low pas cher
kd shoes
cheap air jordans
170508yueqin