Sunday, July 25, 2010

Roundus Interuptus at Juniata

Juniata Golf Club
Philadelphia, Pa
Yards: 2805/2185 - 4990
Par: 34/31 - 65
Rating: 63.2, Slope: 106
Score: 18 through 4 Holes
Date: July 25, 2010

Trying to build on last week's round at The Fairways, I headed out to Juniata Golf Club this afternoon for my first round there since early May. The weather was very hot and humid and there was a call for thunderstorms. The sun was shining when I teed off, but by the third hole, the clouds had rolled in and rumbles could be heard in the not-to-far-off distance.

I parred the First Hole and took a double bogey at the Second after chunking two short pitch shots.  I left a par putt short on the Third Hole, but parred the Fourth Hole after chipping to four feet.  But at the Fifth tee, a long, sustained roll of thunder had me hoofing it quickly back to the clubhouse.

Over the next hour, thunder rumbled overhead and rain drizzled the course. I finally decided to pack it in and got a raincheck. Shortly after leaving, the heavens opened up and it poured heavily; to the point where I had to pull over and wait it out.

I'm disappointed I didn't get at least nine holes in today. I wanted to put my new TaylorMade R9 Driver to the test. I used it on two of the four holes I played. I hit a fade instead of draw, which means I need to re-adjust the head alignment with the weights. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the practice range one night this coming week to get the new Driver better dialed in.