Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Return to the Range

Fishers Glen Driving Range
4717 Fishers Lane
Philadelphia, Pa
215/533-9466

Since I have been on-and-off with my Driver this year, I cut cut its length down to 44.5-inches in an effort to get more control and accuracy off the tee. Unfortunately, I was only able to hit Driver three times last Saturday at Walnut Lane, so tonight I headed over to Fishers Glen Driving Range to hit a small bucket of balls. I wasn't really looking for an organized practice session, just a chance to hit balls with the Driver. I took up my customary position on the lower level of the range and alternated between two Drivers tonight: my TaylorMade Tour Burner and an old Tommy Armour 845 Stripe, which has a smaller 350cc head and a Bi-Matrix shaft. I did try to work a little on rhythm and ball position. I found that when I played the ball more my front foot instead of just inside my left heel, I hit it much better. I might try keeping the Tommy Armour Driver in my bag for my next round, which will hopefully be this weekend. I finished up my brief practice by hitting 10 balls with my TaylorMade 300 Series 7-Wood, which I shortened by 3/4-inches. I hit five off the tee and five off the turf.

Photo by The Muni Golfer