Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Golfing New Year's Resolutions

With the first month of the last year of the first decade of the second millenium almost over, I thought it was time to finally put down my golfing resolutions for this coming season. I did this last January and had one of my best seasons in several years, so I think it is a good idea to outline my goals once again. My list was a little long last year and it will long about the same length this time. In fact, many of the goals will remain the same, while some will be modified a bit. Some here is the Muni Golfer's golf resolutions for 2009:

* Get myself physically ready to play golf before the season starts.

* Begin playing as soon as weather permits, but no later than the first week of April.

* Play a minimum of 30 regulation and practice rounds combined.

* Play those rounds on at least 10 golf courses, with at least three being courses I've never played before.

* Lower handicap to 20.

* Keep equipment changes to a minimum.

* Better emphasis on course management.

* Practice my short game, including putting, chipping and pitching.

* Visit the driving range at least once a week from March through May.

* Break 90 on a course of Par 70 or higher.

* Have FUN playing.

Again, this is a pretty substantial list, but if I focus on at least working on these goals, and accomplish half of them, I think 2009 will an even more successful season than 2008.