Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Small Task: Preparing for Delaware Trip

As the days in August wind down, it is time to start getting things ready for my annual getaway to the Delaware Shore with my wife. As we do every Labor Day, we will be heading to Lewes, Del., my wife for two weeks and me for a week. While my wife relaxes with a good book on the beach, I will be hitting the fairways at several local courses. First up will be the usual Labor Day weekend round with my cousins. Last year, we played beautiful Baywood Greens for the first time. I have made a list of potential courses for this year's round that includes Baywood Greens, The Rookery, Marsh Island, Old Landing, Bear Trap Dunes and Jonathan's Landing near Dover. I also will be playing a round over Labor Day weekend with Brian, the husband of my wife's best Noreen. I might take him to Old Landing. I jope to get in at least four rounds during my eight days at the shore in lower Delaware.

I've made my packing list and will be getting everything together over the next week. Among the items I'll taking:

* TaylorMade Burner Driver
* TaylorMade Burner 3-Wood
* Nickent 3DX DC Utility
* TaylorMade r7 Irons
* Solus Wedges
* Never Compromise Putter
* Odyssey XG #9 Putter (Backup)
* TaylorMade r580XD Driver (Backup)
* Callaway X 3 Wood (Backup)
* 2 Dozen Maxfli/TaylorMade Golf Balls
* 4 Golf Gloves
* 2 Pair Golf Shoes
* 3 Collared Golf Shirts
* 2 Mock Polo Golf Shits
* 4 Pair Golf Shorts
* 5 Pair Golf Socks
* Wind/Rain Shirt and Vest
* 3 Golf Visors
* 2 Golf Hats
* Sun Tan Lotion/Bug Repellent
* Granola Bars
* Speed Stik
* Momentus Big Hitter

I'll be making sure the shirts and shorts I want to take have been washed, clean all my clubs, change the spikes in my golf shoes and mark the golf balls. It may seem like a lot, but I believe in being ready and prepared for 4 rounds over eight days. I'll report on the courses I played, and how I played, when I return.

No comments: