Well, a new year has just begun and even though it might not be ideal conditions for playing golf here in the Delaware Valley, it is a good time to think about some golf goals for the upcoming year. So, just as we make New Year's resolutions for our daily lives, I am going to make some 2008 resolutions for my golf:
* Get myself physically ready to play golf before the season starts.
* Play a minimum of 30 regulation and practice rounds combined.
* Play those rounds on at least 10 golf courses, with at least three being courses I've never played before.
* Play more rounds with family and friends.
* Lower handicap to under 25.
* Emphasis on course management.
* Practice my short game, including putting, chipping and pitching.
* Visit the driving range more regularly.
* Break 90 on a course of Par 70 or higher.
* Have FUN playing.
I know this list is probably too long, but if I accomplish at least half--five--of these goals, 2008 will have been a successful season.