Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fire Sale at Dicks

I had received a $10 gift certificate from Dicks Sporting Goods as part of bonus rewards for using my Dicks Card, so I stopped into a Dicks while visiting my sister-in-law's this weekend. Dicks was having a great sale of Maxfli's Fire and Fire Tour golf balls. The Fire's, which usually retail at $19.99 a dozen were being offered at two boxes for $25, while the Fire Tour was on sale at two boxes for $40. I had gotten the Fire golf balls for Christmas last year and really liked how they played. To me, they play much like a premium golf ball, but at a better price. A three-piece ball, they have great distance off the tee, but feel soft around the greens and off the putter. They also have a small strip of flames imprinted on the side of the ball, which is great for lining up putts. So I used my gift certificate and picked up two boxes of the Fire.

No comments: