Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back in the Swing...An Ugly Swing

Juniata Golf Club
Philadelphia, Pa
Yards: 4805, Par: 66
Score: Practice Round
Date: September 23, 2007

It has been almost three weeks since I last swung a golf club at a ball, so I ventured over to Juniata Golf Club this afternoon for a refresher 18 holes on how the game is played. I would have done better to stay home and watch the Eagles play. I rearranged the make-up on my bag, trying a different 3 Wood, taking out two of the hybrids and adding a 5 Wood. This experiment will be short-lived. The Nickent hybrid goes back in the back and out comes the 5 Wood, while the 3 Wood and 4 hybrid model has also been replaced by different models. I've gone back to the 16 degree Golfsmith XPC Plus and put a Black Max 24 degree hybrid with a Stripper graphite shaft in play. I've also replaced my irons with a set of TaylorMade RAC OC2s, which I used on-and-off since 2005. My biggest problem today was my concentration and focus. I questioned myself on whether I really felt like playing today, I sure sign I should have skipped the links. But since I've been able to play in almost three weeks, I didn't want to waste an opportunity. Because of the Eagles game, the course was virtually empty, so I played the 18 holes solo and my mind was everywhere but on the shot at hand. Lets just say I managed one par during my round. My short game was non-existent; not surprising since touch is one of the first things to leave you when you haven't played for a bit. I'm hoping this is past and already, I'm looking to make amends next weekend!

3 comments:

John Burzynski said...

I have had a few days recently like yours...I get out to golf and ask myself "why am I out here, I really don't feel like golfing?"

I guess I am trying to make up for all of those winter days where I wish I could be golfing.

The Muni Golfer said...

Yeah, that's the way I felt yesterday. I talked myself into going because who knows how many good days are left before the really cold weather hits (although I will golf until it drops into the 30s). Then I started hitting it bad and playing solo just made it worse...

caiyan said...

birkenstock sandals
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton canada
canada goose
burberry outlet
ugg canada
ugg outlet
rolex watches
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses
20161026caiyan